Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week 1: OK, PI, and CA: My Favorite Places

I've only traveled a few places, I'm such a homebody, and my favorite destinations are where I'm surrounded by family.

Oklahoma. I was born and raised here, and most of my life has been spent in the Metro.  Many feel that Oklahoma is boring, but I like how you can go from country to city living in only a matter of miles.  My life is mainly centered around college right now, so of course I especially love Oklahoma for the University.

(Downtown OKC: Wikipedia) 

Tarlac, Philippines. My mother is from the Philippines, and I have visited multiple times over the years.  Majority of her family reside there, and it's always fun to visit and catch up with them.  Although my family doesn't live near the coasts, the country is still so beautiful. I know the beaches are beautiful, but I love seeing this side of the Philippines and the rawness of landscape.
(Entrance to the City: Wikipedia)

Vacaville, California.  I absolutely love the Bay Area, and cannot wait until I can visit again. Vacaville is sandwiched between San Fran and Sacramento, and somewhat has a small town feel to it.  The hills and the openness of this area certainly reminds me of Oklahoma, and my dream is to move out there after medical school.

(Vacaville Hills: Wikipedia)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Liza-Ann, I do hope you will get to fulfill that dream of moving to California, and that picture of Vacaville is just lovely. I spent so many years in the Bay Area; it is one of the great places on the planet I would say! And HOW COOL that you have been to the Philippines and, even better, with a family connection. That is a place I would love to visit! And listen, there is a great Filipino Folktales unit coming up in class. Maybe you will want to choose that as one of your readings! There are quite a few excellent Filipino folktale books online, in fact - it was hard for me even to decide which book to use for this class because they are all so good. The storytelling tradition there is very strong, with some really amazing stories!

    ReplyDelete