Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Blogger Templates Tech Tip

I really enjoy bright colors and designs that make a statement, but when I was playing with the templates for this assignment I did not feel that this was beneficial for me.  I loved this yellow chandelier background that Blogger provided, but I felt when I actually applied it I then felt there was too much going on.  I did not want my background image to be the centerpiece and focus of the blog, because thats what the writings for, so in the end I chose a plain white background with black birds.  It took me forever to figure out which background image to use, so I'll probably end up changing it again before I know it... Anyways, when I first created the blog I used the "Travel" design as my initial layout, but I ended up utilizing the "Picture Window" option instead.  I liked how the area containing the writing itself wasn't as transparent, such as in the"Travel" design, and it's easier to see the text.

As I  mentioned in my first post this is my first time blogging.  The only time I can recall reading a blog is when I'm looking for recipes.  I am looking forward to seeing and reading the blogs in Mythology and Folklore!

1 comment:

  1. What you have ended up with here looks great to me! I use Picture Window a lot myself, but I can tell I am going to learn about all kinds of Blogger possibilities just from seeing what choices people make in this class. As you can see, it's easy to change your mind, try new things, etc. In the old blogging system I used for this class, all the blogs looked the same. I think it is going to be so much better now that people can choose to do their blogs their own way!

    ReplyDelete